The main features of Socket Workbench include:
- Analyze socket communications as a socket client or a socket server
- Includes a customable library of common TCP/IP based protocols including SMTP, HTTP, FTP, SOAP and web services.
- Allows for "stress testing" of socket client and servers
- Data being sent through the socket can be "linked" to a file. When the contents of the file changes, the data is automatically re-read and transmitted.
- Data can be scheduled to be sent at regular intervals.
- Data sent in a previous session can be reselected at a press of a button.
- Allows the analysis of the e-mail (SMTP), HTTP, Time Of Day, FTP, and any other socket based communication protocol.
- Data can be analyzed using either a raw, binary, octal, decimal or hexadecimal format.
- All incoming and outgoing data can be logged with a time stamp.
- All socket state transitions and Socket Workbench events can be logged. This helps to reproduce bugs while testing socket communications.
- Handles the input, display and logging of binary and ASCII data.
- On-line, case sensitive help
- Contains 7 pre-defined configurations to help you get under way as soon as possible.
- Incoming data can be filtered.
- Includes a library of well-known numbers for tcpip ports.
- In server mode, allows any number of clients to connect.
- Allows socket data to be split into messages and fields.